Arguably, Rihanna’s dress was the winning look at Met Gala 2015.
A lot of funny things may have been said about it, but it was definitely the most outstanding outfit at the gala. In fact, she dominated the red carpet.
Here’s all you need to know about the dress!
• It was handmade!
• The dress was designed by Guo Pei- a Chinese couturier.
• Guo Pei, 45 years old is based in Beijing
• It took her two years to make the dress!
• Rihanna found Guo Pei while researching couture dresses.
• The inspiration is the look of a queen. In China, yellow is the color of the king. (So it wasn’t inspired by omelet or pizza guys!)
• It’s very heavy, 25 kg (about 55 pounds)